“I make sales happen.”
If this is your motto and you have sold repair and maintenance services or products such as industrial equipment, doors, tools, construction materials, office supplies, or industrial supplies then we want you!
The most qualified candidate has B2B experience selling to maintenance, operations and plant managers against 2-3 competitors. Industry experience (dock equipment, overhead and specialty doors) or related is a plus, but not required. To excel with us you must be a forward thinker with excellent listening and multi-platform communication skills. The ability to handle multiple clients with multiple needs will serve you well, as will superb attention to detail and the desire to exceed any previously set standards.
- Have passion, charisma, style and can take charge
- Truly embrace the challenge of sales
- Work well as a team member and as an individual
- Establish rapport and quickly build relationships
- Enjoy calling on a large variety of client types/titles in a wide range of industries
- Understand the importance of sales fundamentals and getting your foot in the door
- Have two-plus years of sales experience
- Love going head-to-head with the competition
- Prioritize well and work efficiently
- Possess solid mechanical aptitude
- Want to sell high quality products/services
- Desire to work for a growing owner-operated company
- Prefer to represent a company that operates with the highest integrity
- Enjoy utilizing a consultative sales approach
- Want career growth
- Have a willingness to learn
- Enjoy the freedom you need to be successful
- Possess a proven track record of growing sales, building relationships, and client satisfaction
- Want to sell recession proof products and services in a growing industry
What you’ll be doing:
As an account manager with Dock & Door Tec, Inc. you are a key factor in our continuing growth. Your experience proposing and selling need-based solutions and developing partnerships will help us maintain and enhance our reputation as a leader in this industry. Focusing on client needs and growth goals will allow you to cultivate your clients, both existing and new, and achieve long lasting relationships that align with our business goals. As an established owner-operated company our continued success is realized by hiring cream of the crop people that will help us attract and secure new clients and embrace continual improvement within our organization.
You will work a designed, strategic plan within your geographical territory selling to Fortune 500 companies of all types and sizes. Your clients include local manufacturers, warehousing companies, food and beverage companies, dairy, and many more. This plan will be yours to finalize but the foundation of it includes servicing and growing existing accounts as well as securing new accounts. Additional opportunities include securing national level accounts. The geographical territory covers the southeast Minneapolis and St Paul metro area, extending out to Eau Claire, WI and Rochester, MN. You will work from home and/or a new company branch office in located in your territory.
You must have earned $40K plus in the past, and need to make $60K in your first year, and expect to make $80K to $100K and beyond as you build your territory.
How do I start my career with Dock & Door Tec?
If you believe you are right for this career and we are the right company for you, submit a cover letter highlighting the most challenging sale you had in the past year along with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. All applicants, who apply within the guidelines, will receive a response within three business days.