Commercial Entry (Service) Door Technician and Installer
Extraordinary Technicians Wanted
Do you have pride in your work, your reputation, and your company’s reputation? Do you let your high-quality workmanship speak for itself? Are you looking for a challenging career showcasing your experience? Is good enough NOT good enough for you?
Extraordinary service is a key factor in our success, our future growth, and our reputation as the area leader in the commercial loading dock & door industry. We are looking to expand our expertise in the service door / access systems arena. Are you the technician that can lead us there?
If this sounds like you, we want you as part of our established team of technicians.
Who We Are:
We are an established owner-operated company with exciting growth plans throughout Minnesota, Western WI, the Dakotas, and Northern IA. Our continued successful growth will be realized by continuing to acquire cream of the crop employees that will help us attract and secure new clients, offer new problem-solving products, provide the highest quality service, establish satellite locations, and embrace continuous improvement within the organization.
Our clients include users of material handling services and products in all types of industries as well as property managers and building owners. We are a true solutions-based company that puts a premium on partnerships with our commercial clients. Because of that, it doesn’t take long for our customers to see the difference between us and our competition.
Our high level of training offers a much deeper understanding of our products and the equipment we service. We combine on the job training with office-based, factory, and industry training to ensure that our technicians are the experts in our field.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Provide the highest quality service on service doors, ADA doors, entrance doors, fire rated doors, hollow metal doors, and other access systems to our clients in MN, Western WI, Northern IA, and Eastern Dakotas.
- Perform proactive maintenance
- Generate sales leads for our account managers (incentives available for qualifying leads)
- Provide expert advice and recommendations to clients while on-site to exceed their needs
- Travel and occasional overnights are required
- Provide emergency service after hours and weekends, as needed (rotating on-call schedule)
Required Experience / Qualifications:
- Dependable work history within the service door / access systems industry
- Clean driving record
- Valid driver’s license
- High mechanical aptitude
- Excellent written, verbal, and electronic communication
- Superior attention to detail
- Excellent organization & time management
- Tech-savvy (Use of Email, Tablet, Laptop)
Bonus Skills / Experience:
- Material handling and / or commercial loading dock or door experience
- Gate or other access systems experience
- SmartService / iFleet / SafeDoor
- Welding experience and / or certification
- Forklift / Aerial Lift/ Boom Lift experience and / or certification
- Crane truck operation experience with Class A CDL
- IDEA or IDA certifications
- ADA compliance knowledge
- AAADM certification
- Company truck
- Highly competitive compensation
- Learn – N – Earn program
- Profit sharing
- 401K with company match
- Steady and reliable work
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Company & factory training
- Company branded clothing
- On-the-Job training
- Company iPad
- Company credit card
- Industry certifications
- Forklift / Aerial Lift / Boom Lift certification
- Crane truck training
- CDL procurement
- Satellite office opportunities
How Do I Start My Career with Dock & Door Tec?
If you believe that you are right for this career and we are the right company for you, please apply now by using the form below.
You can also give us a call at 763-753-0792 or send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.