Experienced Field Service Technician
Extraordinary service is a key factor in our success, our future growth, and our reputation as the area leader in the commercial loading dock & door industry. Extraordinary technicians are an absolute necessity in that equation.
Are you extraordinary? Do you have pride in your work and your reputation? Do you let your high-quality workmanship speak for itself? Are you looking for a challenging career allowing your experience shine? Is good enough NOT good enough for you?
If this sounds like you, we want you as part of our established team of technicians.
We are an established owner-operated company with exciting growth plans throughout Minnesota, Western WI, the Dakotas and Northern IA. Our continued successful growth will be realized by continuing to acquire cream of the crop employees that will help us attract and secure new clients, offer new problem-solving products, provide the highest quality service, and embrace continual improvement within the organization.
Our clients include users of material handling services and products in all types of industries as well as property managers and building owners. We are a true solutions-based company that puts a premium on partnerships with our commercial clients. Because of that, it doesn’t take long for our customers to see the difference between us and our competition.
Our high level of training offers a much deeper understanding of our products and the equipment we service. We combine on the job training with office based, factory, and industry training to ensure that our technicians are the experts in our field.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Provide the highest quality service on commercial loading docks, doors, and other material handling equipment
- Perform preventative maintenance
- Generate sales leads for our account managers (incentives available for qualifying leads)
- Provide expert advice and recommendations to clients while on site to exceed their needs
- Travel and occasional overnights are required
Required Experience / Qualifications
- Clean driving record
- Current driver’s license
- High mechanical aptitude
- Dependable work history within the door or loading dock industry (or closely related)
- Excellent written, verbal, and electronic communication
- Superior attention to detail
- Excellent organization & time management
- Tech savvy (Use of Email, Tablet, Laptop)
Bonus Skills / Experience:
- Material handling and / or commercial loading dock or door experience
- SmartService / iFleet / SafeDoor
- Welding experience and / or certification
- Forklift / Aerial Lift/ Boom Lift experience and / or certification
- Crane truck operation experience with Class A CDL
- IDEA or IDA certifications
- Highly competitive compensation
- Profit sharing
- Steady and reliable work
- Signing bonus
- Active marketing campaigns
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Company & factory training
- Company branded clothing
- On-the-Job training
- Company iPad
- Company credit card
- Industry certifications
- Forklift / Aerial Lift / Boom Lift certification
- Crane truck training
- CDL procurement
How Do I Start My Career with Dock & Door Tec?
If you believe that you are right for this career and we are the right company for you, please complete the short form below or submit your resume to email@example.com. You can also give us a call at 763-753-0792.