Field Service Technician
Extraordinary service is a key factor in our past success, our future growth, and our reputation as the area leader in the commercial loading dock & door industry. Extraordinary technicians are an absolute necessity in that equation.
Are you extraordinary? Do you have pride in your work and your reputation? Are you looking for a challenging career? Do you yearn to learn new skills?
If this sounds like you, we want you as part of our established team of technicians.
We are an established owner-operated company with exciting growth plans throughout Minnesota, Western WI, the Dakotas and Northern IA. Our continued successful growth will be realized by continuing to acquire cream of the crop employees that will help us attract and secure new clients, offer new problem solving products, and embrace continual improvement within the organization.
Our clients include users of material handling services and products in all types of industries as well as property managers and building owners. We are a true solutions-based company that puts a premium on partnerships with our commercial clients. Because of that, it doesn’t take long for our customers to see the difference between us and our competition.
Our high level of training offers a much deeper understanding of our products and all of the equipment we service. We combine on the job training with office based, factory, and industry training to ensure that our technicians are the experts in our field.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Provide the highest quality service on commercial loading docks, doors, and other material handling equipment throughout our area of service
- Perform preventative maintenance
- Generate sales leads for our account managers (incentives available for qualifying leads)
- Provide expert advice and recommendations to clients while on site to ensure that their facility is running at maximum efficiency
- Travel and occasional overnights are required
- Provide emergency service after hours and weekends as needed (rotating on call schedule)
- Mechanical aptitude
- Dependable work history
- Above average communication; written, verbal, and electronic
- Superior attention to detail
- Excellent organization & time management
- Tech saavy (Email, Tablet, Laptop, Adobe, Excel, Word)
Required Experience / Qualifications
- Clean driving record
- Current MN drivers license
Bonus Skills / Experience:
- Material handling and / or commercial loading dock or door experience
- SmartService / iFleet
- Welding experience and / or certification
- Forklift / Aerial Lift/ Boom Lift experience and / or certification
- Crane truck operation experience
- IDEA or IDA certifications
- Highly competitive compensation
- Learn – N – Earn program
- Profit sharing
- Steady and reliable work
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Company & factory training
- Company branded clothing
- On-the-Job training
- Company iPad
- Company credit card
- Industry certifications
- Forklift / Aerial Lift / Boom Lift certification
- Crane truck training
- CDL procurement
How Do I Start My Career with Dock & Door Tec?
If you believe that you are right for this career and we are the right company for you, please complete the short form below or submit your resume to email@example.com. You can also give us a call at 763-753-0792.