We are proud to be an IDEA accredited company. We are committed to quality, integrity and continuing education in all facets of the loading dock & door industry. We have voluntarily chosen to hold ourselves to the standards of excellence and professionalism set forth by the Institute of Door Dealer Education and Accreditation.
What is the IDEA?
The Institute of Door Dealer Education and Accreditation is an independent non-profit organization dedicated to increasing the professionalism of the door and access systems industry through education and accreditation. Door and operator dealers who have demonstrated a commitment to quality, integrity and experience are eligible to apply for IDEA Accreditation.
In order to qualify, dealer management must successfully complete a comprehensive study course and pass six written examinations. Once this process is completed, applicants must provide documentation of continuous operations, proof of general liability and workers’ compensation insurance, proper federal tax identification status or local business licensing, and provide letters of recommendation from customers and business associates.
In order to maintain IDEA Accreditation, the dealer must meet continuing education requirements established by the Institute in order to maintain a high level of general and technical knowledge on an ongoing basis.
The purpose of IDEA Accreditation is to enhance confidence among members of the public in the qualifications and character of dealers from whom garage door products and services are secured.
What does IDEA Accreditation mean to you, the customer?
- An Accredited dealer has experience about the products it sells and has demonstrated that knowledge through the scrutiny of an independent organization.
- An Accredited dealer has successfully passed through written examinations on the subjects of Accounting and General Business Principals, Legal and Insurance, OSHA Regulations and Safety Compliance, Residential Technical Basics, Commercial Technical Basics, and Sales and Marketing Management as a means of demonstrating professional knowledge.
- An Accredited dealer has demonstrated its commitment to overall industry quality and excellence through an investment in time and money to earn the distinction.
- An Accredited dealer is continuously pursuing new information and education regarding this ever-changing industry, its products and its ability to meet the needs of customers.
- You will be doing business with a company that has earned an achievement that fewer than one percent of the garage door and operator dealers in the United States and Canada have achieved.
The Institute of Door Dealer Education and Accreditation does not endorse any dealer nor warranty the products or work performed by any accredited dealer. However, the Institute has established a comprehensive program available to all industry dealers and can verify to any member of the public that the dealer claiming Accreditation status has met the strict criteria established under this program.
We are an accredited BBB business with a A+ rating. BBB Accreditation signifies trust and integrity, and an unwavering commitment to consumers. This accreditation embodies our core principle that our clients are the heart of our business and we are committed to providing the highest level of service possible.
Standards of BBB Accreditation
Build Trust: Establish and maintain a positive track record in the marketplace.
Advertise Honestly: Adhere to established standards of advertising and selling.
Tell the Truth: Honestly represent products and services, including clear and adequate disclosures of all material terms.
Be Transparent: Openly identify the nature, location, and ownership of the business, and clearly disclose all policies, guarantees and procedures that bear on a customer’s decision to buy.
Honor Promises: Abide by all written agreements and verbal representations.
Be Responsive: Address marketplace disputes quickly, professionally, and in good faith.
Safeguard Privacy: Protect any data collected against mishandling and fraud, collect personal information only as needed, and respect the preferences of customers regarding the use of their information.
Embody Integrity: Approach all business dealings, marketplace transactions and commitments with integrity.