When it comes to fire doors, Dock & Door Tec is the area’s premier choice thanks to our extensive training and high level of expertise. Replacing a fire door or installing one in a new facility can have major consequences if the door is not the correct fit for the application. One missed step during the installation can result in the door failing the required annual drop test certification. An improper installation can also lead to serious injury or even death.
Fire doors are designed to close automatically in the event of a fire. The closing can be triggered either mechanically by fusible links (165-degree melting point) or electronically by an approved smoke or heat detector. In many cases, doors are connected to a central fire system.
Not all requirements, buildings and applications are the same. That’s why Dock & Door Tec offers a variety of fire doors to meet your unique needs.
- Robust and effective coiling rolling steel type fire door, suited well for most applications
- Available in manual, chain hoist or automatic motor operation
- Multitude of fire ratings from 3/4 hour to 4 hours
- A variety of colors including gray, white, galvanized, tan and powder coat
- Aesthetically pleasing look with unique hood
- Ideal for larger openings and works well in most applications
- Designed for high traffic areas
- Unique direct drive gear driven operation
- Double wall construction of door curtain provides “U” value of 0.51 and sound transmission class rating of 29
- Curtain constructed of G-90 galvanized steel with baked-on acrylic finish
- Designed for applications requiring an economical manual sliding door
- Available in single slide or bi-parting with UL and FM label ratings of 20 minutes to 4 hours
- Compact footprint which can be installed with as little as 12″ of headroom
- Weighted track system for dependability
- Long list of options make this door a good fit in many applications
A variety of release devices are available for all doors listed above and are application, code and requirement specific. Some types include:
- Fusible links
- Smoke detectors
- Heat detector
- Battery back-ups and more
With the serious amount of risk involved with the incorrect fire door or installation, contact the experts at Dock & Door Tec for help with your fire door needs.